If you are interested in receiving graduate credit from Friends University for your KAEA workshop attendance and brief assignment completion, please take note of the following information:
1. 2016 KAEA Fall Conference
Term: Fall 2016 (transcript will show fall 2016 term)
Credit Offered: 1 graduate credit
Grade Levels: PreK-12
Amount Due to Friends University: $85.00
Instructor of Assignment for Credit: Shawny Montgomery
Date Offered: 10/07/2016-10/08/2016 (if you enroll AFTER the start date, enter your current date and leave the end date blank-enrollment will close on 10/16/2016) ) You must complete an Application for Graduate Workshop Attendance AND a Registration/Payment form online, so please plan ahead (see details below-can take 2-3 days, if you are a new student).
Time: 7:30 AM - 8:15 PM Friday
7:30 AM - 3:00 PM Saturday
Location: Rock Springs 4-H Camp, Junction City, KS
Description: The workshop attendee plans effective instruction based upon the knowledge of all students, subject matter, and current methods of teaching. The workshop attendee reflects on new information in order to provide learning opportunities that support visual art development. The workshop attendee reviews state-of-the-art materials to advance visual art in his/her visual art program. This workshop audience is open only to members of the Kansas Art Education Association. Interested students must contact Shawny at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to enrolling for credit through Friends University. This workshop will meet at Rock Springs 4-H Camp, Junction City, KS. Enrollment closes 10 days from listed start date.
All enrollments & payments now occur online! Please go to www.friends.edu/edworkshops and carefully review the provided information that will assist in enrollment. We recommend that you use the Firefox or Google Chrome browser for complete webpage functionality.
In order to ensure success during enrollment, please read the information options below. If you still have questions regarding enrollment, call Graduate Workshops at 316-295-5516 for assistance.
All interested students need to begin by completing a brief Application for Graduate Workshop Attendance. The location of this form is found on the Friends University Teacher Education homepage at www.friends.edu/edworkshops. Please submit this right away in order to register prior to the enrollment close date!
· Select “New Applicant” on the application page to begin registration-this is a one-time requirement to set up your personal account
· All items in red require a response
· When the application is completed, click “Register.” It will take about 30 seconds for the information to process, sending a link to the email you provided to set up a password
· Once you receive your password (in your email) you may login using your email address and password created.
· Returning users only need to enter their login credentials to access their account-if you have forgotten your password, click the link “Forgot your Password?” and follow the prompts to reset your password
Completing the Application
· Once logged in, select “Start Application.” You will be guided to the application tab where you can select “new” to start your application for the current term.
· Select Application Type “Graduate Workshop” and then the correct term
· You will be prompted to save your information-please wait a few seconds
o If you are a first time user, you will be prompted to complete bio information
o Returning users may update bio information, when necessary by clicking on the “Bio Info” tab
· The application will verify that the applicant has entered the correct term info and to click “next.”
· You will now be asked to enter college info and enter/end dates. Do your best, save the information and click next!
· Employment information may be entered or you may click the button to skip the section.
· Now you will be asked workshop information. When complete, save and then click “next.”
· How did you hear about Friends University? Enter your information, save and click “next.”
· Now-SUBMIT the APPLICATION! Our mission statement will be listed for you to choose whether you agree, then type your name and date as a signature. Congratulations! You have completed the Application!
For first time students, two to three business days after submitting your Application, you will receive an email from the Friends University Help Desk, providing a user identification number (student ID) and pin number (password). This information will allow you to click on the Self Service Banner (SSB) link (found at www.friends.edu/edworkshops scroll down to Enroll in a Workshop section, and click on the Self-Service Banner to register and provide payment. You will notice that a “Students” link is located at the top of your screen that also allows a drop-down option for Self-Service Banner, along with your email and Moodle links! If you need assistance, please call us at 316-295-5516. We will guide you through the steps! If you do not receive an email from Help Desk within 2-3 business days, please contact them directly for your information at 316-295-5767.
Step Two-Returning Students
For returning students, please wait 1 business day after submitting the Application, so that your account may be refreshed and activated. After 1 business day, you may enter your Self Service Banner account (located at www.friends.edu/edworkshops) to register and make payment. If you cannot recall your ID number or password, please call the Help Desk at 316-295-5767 (or email at email@example.com) for assistance. You will notice that a “Students” link is located at the top of your screen that also allows a drop-down option for Self-Service Banner, along with your email and Moodle links!
You may enroll 24/7 at your convenience! Use the above workshop information to assist with CRN#, etc. Once enrolled, you may provide payment by manually entering the amount due; otherwise, you may wait 24 hours and a total amount due will be viewable on your SSB account. It is recommended to manually enter the amount due at the time of enrollment to complete all necessary steps in one action. Classes fill quickly so don’t wait!
The new webpage banner feature at the top of the screen has been added for your convenience. You may hover over “Students” to see a drop down for Self-Service Banner, your Friends email link, and your Moodle link.
For remaining questions regarding workshops, don’t hesitate to call Graduate Workshops at 316-295-5516 during regular business hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full service Help Desk hours:
Monday – Thursday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Limited after-hours support Help Desk hours (this does not include assistance with Self-Service Banner, but password resets can be performed):
Monday – Thursday 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sunday 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Graduate Teacher Education Workshops Quick Links
View our teacher education webpage for quick links to maps, facebook, transcripts, policies, etc. Need help? Please call us!
Graduate Workshops Staff
2100 W. University Ave.
Wichita, KS 67213